Students represent 5 states including North Carolina. Within North Carolina, students represent 3 counties: Wake County (Cary, Morrisville, Apex, Holly Springs, and Raleigh), Durham County (Durham), and Chatham County (Pittsboro) across 16 different zip codes. There are approximately 60 students registered at the 1528 Davis Drive site, 50 students registered at the Wake County Public Elementary School site (when meeting in person), and 8 students who are strictly online.
· 100% High School Graduation Rate and 100% College Placement Rate for the Class of 2020
· Creation of an Online / Virtual Learning Space - Ability to engage students across 5 states
· Over $400,000 in financial assistance award by independent schools to Dreamers during the 2020/2021 academic term
· Continued Partnership with Cary Academy, St. David’s, St. Timothy’s and other TISC Institutions
· $10,000 grant from The Goodnight Educational Foundation
· $2,500 grant and future partnership with Fidelity Investments
· Set established strategic goals and curriculum for 2021
· Introduction of new programs series– Financial Management; Language and Global Studies; Stress and Anxiety
· Triangle Debate League Summer Camp
· Virtual Summer Enrichment Program with Cary Academy
· Quarterly Community Service Projects
· $3,500 donation from Pleasant Grove Church
· $5,000 grant from The Goodnight Educational Foundation
· 50- 65 + Dreamers at the 1528 Davis Drive ~ Cary, NC site
· 45-50 Dreamers at the Wake County Public School Site ~ Morrisville, NC
· 41 Dreamers enrolled at a 2-Week Summer Academic Enrichment Program in Partnership with Cary Academy – $25,000 Grant from Lenovo and Cary Academy
· Community Partnership with Triangle Independent School Consortium – to promote the benefits of independent school education
· Cary Academy – 6 Dreamers Accepted for 19/20
· St. David’s School – 8 Dreamers Accepted for 19/20
· The Dream Academy partners with local public and private schools to provide the optimal experience that each student deserves.
· Promotion rate of 98%, and non-suspension rate of 98%.
· The program has a 100% high school graduation rate with 100% college placement in two- and four-year colleges;
· Most telling is the $330,000 in support/ resources for Dream Academy students during 2019-2020.
· College Road Trips: Campbell University, Elon University, High Point University, UNC Pembroke, Winston Salem State University, UNC School of the Arts
· Attendance at the HBCU College Fair – Raleigh, NC
· Various Community Service Projects and Guest Speakers – Innovative series on financial planning and communication
· Strategic Plan was created and approved
· Stability and Commitment of Executive Team Members and the Pleasant Grove Board
· Increased volunteer participation
· The commitment to community service is evident with close to 500 community service hours invested over two years.
Pleasant Grove Foundation Dream Academy
P.O. Box 1441, Cary, NC 27512-1441
Copyright © 2020 Pleasant Grove Foundation Dream Academy - All Rights Reserved.
Please join us on August 21, 2021 for an open house information session to learn more about the Dream Academy and how your child could benefit. Click the X at the top right corner of this window to exit and scroll down to see the flyer on the home page.